- Core CPI dropped record 0.4% in April alone, this is the biggest decrease since 1957 when the government first started recording.
- Apparel and Transportation services were seen as n”non-essential” businesses and have seen the most significant slides.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Tuesday morning (05/12/20) that the consumer price index slumped 0.4% – excluding food and energy. The record drop since the government first started recording in 1957. Core part of the slide came from non essential sectors.
- Commodities CPI fell 0.7%
- Medical care services CPI fell 0.5%.
- Used car CPI fell 0.4%
- Vehicle Rental CPI fell 16.6%
- Airline Fares CPI fell 15.2%
- Men’s Suits CPI fell 11.3%
All posts made on this website are provided for information purposes only. None of the information here is intended as investment advice, as an offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell, or as a recommendation, endorsement, or sponsorship of any security, Company, or fund. Before making an investment decision, you should seek the advice of a qualified and registered securities professional. Candlr is not receiving payment or commissions from companies for shared content on Candlr website unless its specified. View full disclaimer HERE.